Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Genevieve's Raw Chips and Salsa Recipe!


mango

 

Salsa Ingredients:

1 ear of Organic (Non-GMO) Corn or frozen Sweet Corn, to taste
Tomatoes (any variety)
1/2 Lime, squeezed
(Lemon [opt.], to taste)
chopped Garlic, to taste
1/8 large Red Onion, chopped
1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped


salsa

 

  Organic Chips:

Use any of the following; Yellow squash, Zucchini, and/or Cucumber 

To Create:

Mix all ingredients together and put into a ‘dip’ bowl (preferably on a chip and dip tray). Slice, Mandoline-slice (with a crinkle-cut/wavy blade), or use a handheld slicer to make wavy ‘chips‘ out of your chosen veggie. Surround the salsa with a ‘moat’ of chips!

knife

Although I haven’t used a handheld wavy-cut slicer before, I can guess that using a full-on mandoline is much easier and quicker- it also produces uniform slices varying in thickness. I bought my mandoline online, and recommend the SteeL Mandoline from OXO. It works very well as long as what you’re slicing into isn’t mushy or super-ripe. I also bought some cut-resistant gloves which are essential when handling a mandoline.

I have to admit, this is probably one of the top ten tastiest recipes I have ever made thanks to it’s simplicity. Without the cilantro, my salsa turned out *scrumptiously* sweet! I realized this after adding some cilantro to my salsa this evening, after haven forgotten it yesterday. I also found it’s crucial to not let the tomatoes overwhelm the corn. Don’t put too many tomatoes in! When I say ‘to taste’ I mean slowly add more and more of a said ingredient ’til it suits your personal tastes.

Yummy!

Note: I used heirloom tomatoes in this recipe, and found that sliced zucchinis were the most deletable 'chip' vegetable, although I haven't tried yellow squash. Make sure you buy Organic to avoid GMO zucchini and yellow squash at the market.

Take Care, and ENJOY this Raw CHIPS AND SALSA Recipe!!

 ~ P.S. ~

Now when I make Salsa I omit Garlic, and only use mild red Onion. I use jalapeno however, and mango, now. My friend even added grapes one time and it just made the salsa more colorful and tasty!

Here is my recipe, now:

2 pints of mini tomatoes or 4 regular tomatoes
jalapeno, to taste
3 yellow (atulfo) mangoes, or frozen mango, to taste
1/8 of a large red onion
1-2 limes juiced
1-2 lemons juiced
1 bell pepper (not green, unripe)


Enjoy this with raw vegetable 'chips', or lettuce leaves!

& Have a Rawesome Day or Evening!!

Also Check Out: Rawvana's Watermelon Salsa Recipe

To get e-mail notifications of new posts from this blog, contact me at: genevieve-parry@live.com

No comments:

Post a Comment